Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Argo: Who Gon' Fact Check Me, Boo?


Yesterday on my day off I sat around, ate baklava, and caught up on my beloved American cinema. One of the movies that I watched was Argo. I must say that it was absolutely excellent. It had me shitting enough bricks to rebuild Tenochtitlan. Anywho, as the movie progresses, there is one scene where Tony (Ben Affleck's charater) is obtaining fake papers in order to enter Iran. This scene is filmed in Istanbul. 

Since I love yall so much I've conveniently embedded this clip for your viewing pleasure. 
So please, indulge...



The scene starts off with a lovely panoramic view of the Golden Horn . Then the scene changes to the exterior of the famed Blue Mosque and shows Tony walking into the entrance.

Now here's where I gotta put my mans Ben Affleck, as a director, in check. Once his character enters the mosque, the interior shown is not the interior of the Blue Mosque -- Its the interior of that Hagia Sophia which is actually across the street from the Blue Mosque. Allow me to show you...

Hagia Sophia Interior 



Blue Mosque Interior 


Not to mention towards the end of the scene, Tony and the other character are standing in front of a huge ancient painting of Christ -- And in Islam there are strict laws against idolism. So a big fat Jesus piece would be all wrong in the Blue Mosque. 


So knowing all this and being a huge movie buff, I had to share this with you guys. I won't allow yall to be Istanbul Ignant in these streets. 

YOU NOT GONNA CATCH ME SLIPPIN, HOLLYWOOD. 









No comments:

Post a Comment