Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Grand Hustle


The Grand Bazaar is one the worlds oldest and largest covered markets with 61 covered streets and 3,000 shops. So of course, knowing this and being the history freak that I am, I had to make a visit to this famed market.
I don't really have much to say about it other than the fact that I was 100% unimpressed -- I think its because I'm not a traditional tourist and so I know that the majority of the stuff in there is a straight rip off. Everything in there is extremely over priced and gimmicky. If you ever make your way to Istanbul, its worth taking a look around just to say that you've been, but I pity the fool who opens up their wallet to drop dollars on some trinket that was actually made in China or India.  
In short -- See the sights, save your money.

The Grand Bazaar... More like

The Grand Hustle


No comments:

Post a Comment