Thursday, March 14, 2013

Real Hustlers of Ephesus

Before I go on to detail the next place I visited while in Selcuk, I'm gonna go ahead and talk about something I noticed while walking around Ephesus right quick. 

Many of these tourist destinations are plagued with thirsty Turkish business owners who harass you as you enter and exit these historical sites. You also have these bootleg freelance tour guides who will relentlessly be all up in your face trying to make a buck. Even though its extremely annoying and I'm usually a hot target because my skin immediately gives me away as a foreigner, I can't knock the hustle. Everybody's gotta eat. 

But the real hustlers of these tourist traps here in Turkey are not the men hawking you, telling you to buy their goods and use their services. No, no. If you were thinking that, then you are sadly mistaken. The real hustlers in these streets are the feral cats. These aren't no scrawny pitiful looking things either -- Their clearly well fed, healthy, and surprisingly clean. They gotta be 10 times more thorough than the ones that are in Philly.

Anyway they're clearly scamming us poor unsuspecting tourists. All they do is lay around, get lavished with attention and food from people who find them to be so precious and irresistible. Straight chillin. 

So shout out to the hustling cats of Ephesus. I tip my hat to you.
 Stay grinding, stay hungry. 
   






No comments:

Post a Comment